Archwood School
1954 addition by the same firm
Jameswood School
1967 addition by Ward and Macdonald
John A. Russell Building (University of Manitoba)
Exterior: general northeast view (photo taken 1962), From rural parkland to urban centre: one hundred years of growth at the University of Manitoba. Winnipeg: Hyperion Press, 1978. Arch/FA Ref LE 3 M3833 F76 Arch/FA Main Stacks, Graham, John W. Guide to the architecture of Greater Winnipeg. Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press, 1960. Arch/FA Reserve NA 747 W5 G7 Arch/FA Quick Reference, Thompson, W.P. Architecture of Manitoba: an exhibit prepared by Professor William P. Thompson for the Manitoba Association of Architects and the Manitoba Centennial Corporation. Winnipeg: s.n., 1970. Arch/FA NA 746 M3 T46, Thompson, W.P. Winnipeg architecture: 100 years. Winnipeg: Queenston House, 1975. Arch/FA Ref NA 747 W5 T45 Arch/FA Main Stacks, University of Manitoba capital projects: a file on building development and capital expenditure 1877-1970. Winnipeg: University of Manitoba, 1970. Arch/FA Ref LE 3 M382292 A3 Dafoe Library, Progressive Architecture 42 (June 1961): 146-151 (includes plans and interior/exterior photos)., RAIC Journal 36 (March 1959): 64. For PDF of article, see source below., RAIC Journal 37 (August 1960): 317-324 (includes plans and interior/exterior photos)., Winnipeg Free Press (February 16, 1985): p.?, Thompson, W.P. Winnipeg Architecture. Winnipeg: Queenston House, 1982. Arch/FA Quick Reference NA 747 W5 T5 1982 Arch/FA Main Stacks, RAIC Journal 35 (August 1958): 315 (Projects on Paper)., Tizzard, Ian. "The same, only better." Winnipeg Free Press (May 6, 2006): [detour section, page?]., "J.A. Russell Building Preserved." Network: Faculty of Architecture Annual Faculty Newsletter (September 2007): 1., Warehouse Journal (Faculty of Architecture, Univ. of Manitoba) 14: 2005. Arch/FA NA 2129 W37, Building File, Canadian Architect 52 (February 2007): 43-45., Canadian Architect 51 (October 2006): 11., Le Tourneau, M. "Architects mark 40th anniversary of 'monument'." Winnipeg Free Press (April 1998):[page unknown]., Richards, Cecil. "Night and Day." Perspective [School of Architecture, University of Manitoba] 1963: 35-37., Named after John A. Russell who taught at the University for 38 years and was named the first Dean of the Faculty of Architecture in 1964. Dean Russell died in 1966., Extensive renovations (exterior, building envelope and interior) 2004-2005., Bronze sculpture titled "Night and Day" by Cecil Richards., LM Architectural Group wins 2008 Heritage Winnipeg Preservation Award for envelope restoration, Hutton, Monica. University of Manitoba Modern. Winnipeg: Winnipeg Architecture Foundation, 2012 Arch/FA Quick Reference NA 747 W5 W4 no. 3, Test
Neil Campbell School
1968 addition by Ward Macdonald and Partners
Nelson McIntyre Collegiate
1959 addition, 1987 restoration due to a fire
Rae and Jerry's Steak House
Keshavjee, Serena. [Ed.] Winnipeg modern: architecture, 1945-1975. Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press, 2006. Arch/FA NA 747 W5 W46 2006 Arch/FA Quick Reference Dafoe St. John's, Building File, "R is for Rae and Jerry's." Winnipeg Free Press (August 24, 2008): A5.
Sherwood School
1978 addition by Macdonald, Cockburn, McFeetors Architects
St. George School
1961 addition by John A. Chivers
St. James Public Library
Exterior: general view of original building, Graham, John W. Guide to the architecture of Greater Winnipeg. Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press, 1960. Arch/FA Reserve NA 747 W5 G7 Arch/FA Quick Reference, "Libraries in Canada Today." Royal Architectural Institute of Canada Journal 36, no. 4 (April 1959): 99-127., Keshavjee, Serena. [Ed.] Winnipeg modern: architecture, 1945-1975. Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press, 2006. Arch/FA NA 747 W5 W46 2006 Arch/FA Quick Reference Dafoe St. John's, Building File