Bawlf Block
Exterior: general view, Exchange District: an illustrated guide to Winnipeg's historic commercial district. Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg Corp., 1989. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.18 W293 1989, Graham, John W. Guide to the architecture of Greater Winnipeg. Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press, 1960. Arch/FA Reserve NA 747 W5 G7 Arch/FA Quick Reference, Park, Kip. Historic Winnipeg restoration area: an illustrated guide to Winnipeg's historic warehouse district. Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg, 1983. Arch/FA Quick Reference NA 747 W5 P37 Arch/FA Main Stacks, Year past: report of the City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee. Winnipeg: Historical Building Committee, 1979- Arch/FA FC 3396.7 W56 (1979). For PDF of report, see source below., Saunders, Ivan J. et al. Early building in Winnipeg. Vol. 1-7 [in 3 physical volumes] Ottawa: Parks Canada, 1974. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.7 S38 1974 (p.1259), Report to City of Winnipeg Property and Development Services Department... . Winnipeg, MB: A.F. Eshmade and Associates Ltd., 1999. Arch/FA TH 3401 R47 1999, Building File
Benson Block
Exterior: street view (from left to right: Benson Block, Bawlf Block, Harris Building, Exchange Building & Utility Building), Exchange District: an illustrated guide to Winnipeg's historic commercial district. Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg Corp., 1989. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.18 W293 1989, Park, Kip. Historic Winnipeg restoration area: an illustrated guide to Winnipeg's historic warehouse district. Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg, 1983. Arch/FA Quick Reference NA 747 W5 P37 Arch/FA Main Stacks, Year past: report of the City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee. Winnipeg: Historical Building Committee, 1979- Arch/FA FC 3396.7 W56 (1979). For PDF of report, see source below., Saunders, Ivan J. et al. Early building in Winnipeg. Vol. 1-7 [in 3 physical volumes] Ottawa: Parks Canada, 1974. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.7 S38 1974 (p.1259), Report to City of Winnipeg Property and Development Services Department... . Winnipeg, MB: A.F. Eshmade and Associates Ltd., 1999. Arch/FA TH 3401 R47 1999, Building File, Became Drake Hotel in 1944
Leland Hotel
Detail: window with sculptural features, Exchange District: an illustrated guide to Winnipeg's historic commercial district. Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg Corp., 1989. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.18 W293 1989, Park, Kip. Historic Winnipeg restoration area: an illustrated guide to Winnipeg's historic warehouse district. Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg, 1983. Arch/FA Quick Reference NA 747 W5 P37 Arch/FA Main Stacks, Year past: report of the City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee. Winnipeg: Historical Building Committee, 1979- Arch/FA FC 3396.7 W56 (1985). For PDF of report, see source below., Saunders, Ivan J. et al. Early building in Winnipeg. Vol. 1-7 [in 3 physical volumes] Ottawa: Parks Canada, 1974. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.7 S38 1974 (p.564), Plan, Further image(s) of exterior views are located in the Architecture/Fine Arts Library
McIntyre Block
Exterior: general view, Graham, John W. Guide to the architecture of Greater Winnipeg. Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press, 1960. Arch/FA Reserve NA 747 W5 G7 Arch/FA Quick Reference, Thompson, W.P. Architecture of Manitoba: an exhibit prepared by Professor William P. Thompson for the Manitoba Association of Architects and the Manitoba Centennial Corporation. Winnipeg: s.n., 1970. Arch/FA NA 746 M3 T46, Thompson, W.P. Winnipeg architecture: 100 years. Winnipeg: Queenston House, 1975. Arch/FA Ref NA 747 W5 T45 Arch/FA Main Stacks, Saunders, Ivan J. et al. Early building in Winnipeg. Vol. 1-7 [in 3 physical volumes] Ottawa: Parks Canada, 1974. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.7 S38 1974 (p.340), Building File, Steen, James Elder. Illustrated souvenir of Winnipeg. Winnipeg: Rotary Clubs of Winnipeg, 2003. FC 3396.37 I43 2003 Dafoe and St. John's College libraries, "Ventilation of Office Buildings [McIntyre Block, Winnipeg]." Canadian Architect and Builder XVI (November 1903): 175. (Wade 237), The original building on this site was destroyed by fire in 1898 and replaced by Barber and Barber's building, Atchison addition, 1900, Cadham and Grayson extension, 1906, This information as per Sauders et al, Further image(s) of exterior views located in the Architecture/Fine Arts Library