Argyle School
Demolished and replaced in 1951, Image(s) located in the Architecture/Fine Arts Library
Burridge House
Also known as Margaret Scott Nursing Station
Campbell Block
Image(s) located in the Architecture/Fine Arts Library
Dalnavert
Exterior: general view, Butterfield, David. If walls could talk: Manitoba's best buildings explored and explained. Winnipeg: Great Plains Publications, 2000. Arch/FA NA 746 M3 B88 2000, Doolan, Maureen. Downtown Winnipeg's historic sites and monuments: an illustrated guide. Winnipeg: Parks and Recreation Dept., City Centre/Fort Rouge Community, 1980. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.18 D66 1980, Graham, John W. Guide to the architecture of Greater Winnipeg. Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press, 1960. Arch/FA Reserve NA 747 W5 G7 Arch/FA Quick Reference, Year past: report of the City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee. Winnipeg: Historical Building Committee, 1979- Arch/FA FC 3396.7 W56 (1994-96). For PDF of report, see source below., Building File, Saunders, Ivan J. et al. Early building in Winnipeg. Vol. 1-7 [in 3 physical volumes] Ottawa: Parks Canada, 1974. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.7 S38 1974 (p. 707 - 717), Paul, Alexandra. "Historic Dalnavert shuttered." Winnipeg Free Press (November 2, 2013): A15., "Residence of Hon. Hugh J. Macdonald, Winnipeg, Man." Canadian Architect and Builder XI (January 1898): 3. (Wade 207), Thompson, W.P. Architecture of Manitoba: an exhibit prepared by Professor William P. Thompson for the Manitoba Association of Architects and the Manitoba Centennial Corporation. Winnipeg: s.n., 1970. Arch/FA NA 746 M3 T46, Thompson, W.P. Winnipeg Architecture. Winnipeg: Queenston House, 1982. Arch/FA Quick Reference NA 747 W5 T5 1982 Arch/FA Main Stacks, Thompson, W.P. Winnipeg architecture: 100 years. Winnipeg: Queenston House, 1975. Arch/FA Ref NA 747 W5 T45 Arch/FA Main Stacks, Pruden, Eileen. Macdonald House; Exercise in Restoration. Winnipeg: Historical and Scientific Society of Manitoba, n.d. (Wade 89), Bridgman Collaborative Architecture - Visitors' Centre, Heritage Winnipeg Conservation Award, 2006, Manitoba Heritage Site Designations and Heritage Buildings Grants. Winnipeg: Manitoba Culture, Heritage..., 1991-1999. Arch/FA Ref FC 3362 M3544; Dafoe Gov Docs Can6 Man1 Co924 H47 (1991-92), Bisch, Jennifer. "Growing a piece of history." Winnipeg Free Press (August 21, 2010): G13.
Deaf and Dumb Institute
Located between Sherbrook and Maryland Streets, Demolished, Image(s) located in the Architecture/Fine Arts Library
Dufferin School
Located at the corner of Logan and Alexander Avenues and Nares Street (part of Dufferin park site), Damaged by fire, demolished and replaced at 545 Alexander Avenue, Image(s) located in the Architecture/Fine Arts Library
Foulds Block
Year past: report of the City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee. Winnipeg: Historical Building Committee, 1979- Arch/FA FC 3396.7 W56 (1988). For PDF of report, see source below., Image(s) located in the Architecture/Fine Arts Library
Galt Building
Exterior: general view, Exchange District: an illustrated guide to Winnipeg's historic commercial district. Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg Corp., 1989. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.18 W293 1989, Park, Kip. Historic Winnipeg restoration area: an illustrated guide to Winnipeg's historic warehouse district. Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg, 1983. Arch/FA Quick Reference NA 747 W5 P37 Arch/FA Main Stacks, Saunders, Ivan J. et al. Early building in Winnipeg. Vol. 1-7 [in 3 physical volumes] Ottawa: Parks Canada, 1974. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.7 S38 1974 (p.1234), Additions by Cadham, 1901, 1904
Holy Trinity Anglican Church
Exterior: general view along Donald Street & Graham Avenue, Butterfield, David. If walls could talk: Manitoba's best buildings explored and explained. Winnipeg: Great Plains Publications, 2000. Arch/FA NA 746 M3 B88 2000, Graham, John W. Guide to the architecture of Greater Winnipeg. Winnipeg: University of Manitoba Press, 1960. Arch/FA Reserve NA 747 W5 G7 Arch/FA Quick Reference, Thompson, W.P. Architecture of Manitoba: an exhibit prepared by Professor William P. Thompson for the Manitoba Association of Architects and the Manitoba Centennial Corporation. Winnipeg: s.n., 1970. Arch/FA NA 746 M3 T46, Thompson, W.P. Winnipeg architecture: 100 years. Winnipeg: Queenston House, 1975. Arch/FA Ref NA 747 W5 T45 Arch/FA Main Stacks, Thompson, W.P. Winnipeg Architecture. Winnipeg: Queenston House, 1982. Arch/FA Quick Reference NA 747 W5 T5 1982 Arch/FA Main Stacks, Saunders, Ivan J. et al. Early building in Winnipeg. Vol. 1-7 [in 3 physical volumes] Ottawa: Parks Canada, 1974. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.7 S38 1974 (p. 727), Building File, Moir, Gillian. Early buildings of Manitoba. Winnipeg: Peguis, 1973. Arch/FA NA 746 M36 E17 Arch/FA Quick Reference Dafoe St. John's, "Rectory of the Church of the Holy Trinity, Winnipeg." Canadian Architect and Builder XIX (July 1906): 101. (Wade 270), Rectory, Darling Pearson Over 1906?, Auditorium 1967, "Holy Trinity Church, Winnipeg, Manitoba." Canadian Architect and Builder X (January 1897): 5. (Wade 204)
Peck Building
Exterior: general view (photo taken 1992), Year past: report of the City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee. Winnipeg: Historical Building Committee, 1979- Arch/FA FC 3396.7 W56 (1984). For PDF of report, see source below., Saunders, Ivan J. et al. Early building in Winnipeg. Vol. 1-7 [in 3 physical volumes] Ottawa: Parks Canada, 1974. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.7 S38 1974 (p.1207), Addition by Atchison, 1907, Image of exterior view located in the Architecture/Fine Arts Library
Sanford Building
Exterior: general view of single storey building before conversion to restaurant, Park, Kip. Historic Winnipeg restoration area: an illustrated guide to Winnipeg's historic warehouse district. Winnipeg: Heritage Winnipeg, 1983. Arch/FA Quick Reference NA 747 W5 P37 Arch/FA Main Stacks, Saunders, Ivan J. et al. Early building in Winnipeg. Vol. 1-7 [in 3 physical volumes] Ottawa: Parks Canada, 1974. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.7 S38 1974 (p.978), Upper three floors destroyed by fire in 1941, Alterations 1942, For many years the popular restaurant, Old Spaghetti Factory, was located in this building, Further image(s) of exterior views located in the Architecture/Fine Arts Library
Union Bank of Canada
Plan, 19th Century, Alterations by Wheeler, 1894, Demolished, Image(s) located in the Architecture/Fine Arts Library
Winnipeg Opera House
Demolished, Image(s) located in the Architecture/Fine Arts Library
Woods/Dryden Bag Company
Exterior: general view, Saunders, Ivan J. et al. Early building in Winnipeg. Vol. 1-7 [in 3 physical volumes] Ottawa: Parks Canada, 1974. Arch/FA Ref FC 3396.7 S38 1974 (p.616), 1906 addition by Daniel Smith, 1913 addition by Woodman and Carey, Renovation by Number Ten Architectural Group for Sport Manitoba (phase 1), 2010, After renovations and addition, the building became known as Canada Games Sport for Life Centre