- A photograph of the University of Manitoba Library Committee at the first inspection of the new University of Manitoba library building. Image shows eleven committee members and two workers standing in the uncompleted building. Committee members are identified as: Dean Macdonald, Professor Florence McLauchlin, Dean Scarfe, Dr. Campbell, Professor Russell, Elizabeth Dafoe, Professor Morton, Dr. Stirk, Dean McEwen, Dr. Wheeler, and President Gillson. Label along the bottom of the photograph reads: ////////////////"U of M Lib. Com. 1st Insp. new Library Bldg. Apr. 23/52.////////////////" Photographer identified as ////////////////"Dr. Brownell////////////////" is most likely G. M. Brownell., Luna Collection ID - 107::UMANITOBALCM::NA, Luna Object ID - 552197, Luna Image ID - 158684
University Relations and Information Office fonds
The University Relations and Information Office was created in 1958 to publicize events at the University of Manitoba through various forms of media. Operating directly under the authority of the President, the Office prepared articles, press releases and public displays. The Office financed Alumni Association activities and publications such as the Alumni Journal. Eventually the Alumni Association assumed the public relations arm for University alumni while internal University news was covered by the Information Office through publication of the bi-monthly newspaper, The Bulletin. In 1960, secretarial staff was added to the Office, and the Public Relations Officer and Information Assistant became the Executive Director of the Alumni Association and Associate Editor of the Alumni Journal, respectively.