- A photograph of the University of Manitoba Fort Garry Campus, showing a field that appears to be planted and marked. The administration and home economics/human ecology building are clearly visible with two other buildings partially visible in the background. A horse is visible to the far left centre of the image. Photograph is not dated., Luna Collection ID - 107::UMANITOBALCM::NA, Luna Object ID - 350129, Luna Image ID - 159020
University Relations and Information Office fonds
The University Relations and Information Office was created in 1958 to publicize events at the University of Manitoba through various forms of media. Operating directly under the authority of the President, the Office prepared articles, press releases and public displays. The Office financed Alumni Association activities and publications such as the Alumni Journal. Eventually the Alumni Association assumed the public relations arm for University alumni while internal University news was covered by the Information Office through publication of the bi-monthly newspaper, The Bulletin. In 1960, secretarial staff was added to the Office, and the Public Relations Officer and Information Assistant became the Executive Director of the Alumni Association and Associate Editor of the Alumni Journal, respectively.