- A photograph of the gates at the main entrance to the University of Manitoba Fort Garry Campus on Chanceller Matheson Road at Pembina Highway. Photograph is dated 1964. A car is visible on Chancellor Matheson road with the front pointed westward. Gates designed by architecture professor Jack Graham. Photograph was published on page 29 of the Winter 1964 Alumni Journal., Luna Collection ID - 107::UMANITOBALCM::NA, Luna Object ID - 406684, Luna Image ID - 158231
University Relations and Information Office fonds
The University Relations and Information Office was created in 1958 to publicize events at the University of Manitoba through various forms of media. Operating directly under the authority of the President, the Office prepared articles, press releases and public displays. The Office financed Alumni Association activities and publications such as the Alumni Journal. Eventually the Alumni Association assumed the public relations arm for University alumni while internal University news was covered by the Information Office through publication of the bi-monthly newspaper, The Bulletin. In 1960, secretarial staff was added to the Office, and the Public Relations Officer and Information Assistant became the Executive Director of the Alumni Association and Associate Editor of the Alumni Journal, respectively.