Hamilton Family fonds
The Hamilton Family fonds details Dr. T.G. (Thomas Glendenning) and Lillian Hamilton's investigations of psychic phenomena in their home in Winnipeg, Manitoba between 1918 and 1945. The images detail numerous aspects of spiritualism including telekinesis, teleplasm, trance states and various other psychic phenomena. This site is comprised of over 700 images from the Hamilton Family photograph collection and over 1300 notes and accompanying documentation pertaining to seances held in the Hamilton's home. The entirety of the photograph collection has been digitized with the exception of duplicate photographs of the same image. It includes digital reproductions of photographs, stereo photographs, slides, negatives and glass slide negatives, as well as some accompanying textual records.
Sister Servants of Mary Immaculate fonds
The Sister Servants of Mary Immaculate are an international congregation of Sisters of the Ukrainian Catholic Church (in union with Rome). Founded over a hundred years ago in Western Ukraine, they strive to follow the example of their patroness Mary, the Immaculate Mother of God. They are committed to a communal life of prayer and service of God's people, primarily but not exclusively, those of the Ukrainian Catholic Church. In Canada they have been extensively involved in the educational apostolate from nursery school to the University levels. They have conducted residential and day high schools for young women, including Immaculate Heart Academy and Immaculate Heart School in Winnipeg. At present Sisters teach at Immaculate Heart of Mary School in Winnipeg. Sisters have also organized and directed the Religious Education Centre in the Archeparchy of Winnipeg. The digitized material from the Sister Servants of Mary Immaculate (SSMI) fonds consists of 200 digitized photographs of the Sisters engaged in educational endeavours in Manitoba. The photographs were originally part of the Chronicles created by the SSMI. The Chronicles detail the activities conducted by the SSMI for the Ukrainian Catholic Religious Education Centre from 1977 to 2003.