Batiments municipaux

Civic Buildings

4 L’notel de ville de Saint- Boniface, sur boulevard Pro- vencher, a e’te concu et re’alise’ par larch/tecte provincial l/ictor Hon/vood, qui le fit oat/r d ’apres le style du Nouveau ou du Second Empire en 7906. Ce fut l’emp/acement du gouver— nement municipal de la ville de Saint-Boniface jusou’a oe que celle—ci soit amalgamee avec Winnipeg en 7972. A pre’sent, ll abrlte le Bureau de tourisme Bie/ ainsi qu’une galerie d’art.

St. Boniface City Hall on Pro—

vencher Boulevard was des— igned by provincial architect

Victor Horwood and built in the New or Second Empire style in 1906. This was the location of the St. Boniface city govern— ment until amalgamation with Winnipeg in 1972. Now, it hou— ses the Riel Tourism Bureau and an art gallery.

[N < Le Centre cu/ture/ franco-

xi

manitobain, sur boulevard Pro— vencher, ortre p/usieurs e’ve— nements, expositions, specta- cles et celebrations francopho- nes. C’est un lieu de rencontre pour diX groupes culture/s et artistiques ; on y trouve aussi un restaurant, une boutique et du bon jazz.

A CKSB Radio—Canada, sur rue Langevin, fut le premier poste de radio francaise nors Quebec. l/ de’buta en 7946 et c’est la Societe’ Bad/onCanada {SBC— CBC) out en fit l’acquisition en 7973. Le bat/ment e’tait an— ciennement la cuisine du College Saint~Boniface, qui fut detruit dans un incendie en 7922.

The Franco-Manitoban Cultural Centre on Provencher Boulevard hosts many francophone events, exhibits, concerts and celebra— tions. It is home to ten cultural and artistic groups, and there is a restaurant, gift shop and good jazz.

CKSB Radio-Canada, on Langevin Street, was the first French—only radio station outside Quebec. It was started in 1946 and purchased by Radio—Canada (CBC) in 1973. The building was the kitchen of the original St. Boniface College which burnt down in 1922.