5\'.\5\\\\'.\\\\\5\\\\

‘h'. ».v.~.v.wm».-,-.w.~mm.\ .‘mammmzmg vmmwmmsw .

vwwis‘nsvnxv.

3%.m:::m&~w

mw.» mm \'.\v.\v.v»\w.\'.-A\~n‘a\xxxx-nvmw'nA WINNN m

awn “WWW“-.w.-.».w.‘.~.~ 1 m - mw.~.v.m-.~»«. fiaw§mbmm>mmmxfima mxaammmawmm‘ammm :mwmw

CHURCHES OF EARLY CHARLESWOOD

6%)

In its later years, Charleswood would become home to many additional churches as its population grew, and residents of many denominations made their homes in the com— munity.

The first 3 churches built in the area, were what are now known as the Anglican, Catholic

and United Churches.

St. Mary’s Anglican Church was first organized in 1914 and services were held in private homes, then in Chapman School. '

ABOVE LEFT: T/ye original St. Mary’s Anglican Chum/J Front ABOVE: Pnr/ein wedding BOTTOM LEFT: St. Mary’s Bnc/e View 1956

George Chapman donated the land and the first church was built at the corner of Roblin Blvd. and Haney St. at a cost of $2000.

The first wedding to take place in the church was that of Ada Chapman, who became Ada Parkin in 1923 when she married Charles Parkin.

An addition was made to the church in 1956.

Ms8zas;