WINNIPEG POLICE SERVICE EAST DISTRICT STATION

On October 23, 2008, Mayor Sam Katz officially opened the Winnipeg Police Service East District Station, the first new police station opened in four decades. The new state of the art police station replaced the District 4 station on Pandora Avenue and the District 5 Station on Provencher Boulevard.

This one storey, 33,000 square foot building located at 1750 Dugald Road has the space for two hundred police and civilian staff, as well as space for additional personnel. The East District Station has enhanced features that protect police officers, prisoners, and witnesses. This police station also houses a gym and a quiet room.

Tronscono 100th Anniversary page 104

Former Transcona Police Station

Photo: Courtesy of John Kesslz'ng