1 932 - Under the influence of the Federal Representative, Bar- ney Stitt, the Federal Government built the large two storey brick building at the corner of Fischer Avenue and Second Street, to be used as a Post Office and Customs Office. The name “The Pas” was inscribed over the main entry on Second Street and the name “Le Pas” was inscribed over the entry on Fischer Avenue.

-Smith’s Grocery started business.

-The right of way for P.T.H. No. 10 was cut as far as Westray.

-The worldwide depression of the 1930’s, although not as severe at The Pas as in many other centres, did retard the previous rapid expan- sion, but during these years the fertile Carrot River Valley attracted numerous settlers from the drought stricken prairies who were enticed by its lush growth, and thousands of tons of native hay were harvested and shipped to the dry plains to be used as livestock feed. Again, grain was being grown in the valley.

United Church no.2 Scout Troop 31st May, 1941