William Bell. It was the original Mr. Harry Whithrow farm. The house is built of logs and is still used.

Two girls were born to Mr. and Mrs. Watt. Marion in 1928 and Roberta in 1930. Mr. and Mrs. Watt retired from the farm in 1963 and moved to Hamiota.

MRS. DONALD WEBB

Mrs. Webb, the former Bernice Greenaway, is the elder daughter of the late Alfred Greenaway and Mildred Desmond. She was raised and educated in the Oak River area.

After graduating from the Brandon General Hospital in May 1933, Bernice worked as a private duty nurse there until May 1937. St. Mary’s Hospital, Rochester, Minnesota, wrote the Brandon superintendent of nurses requesting applications from registered nurses. Bernice was accepted and was the first of many Brandon General graduates to go "south of the border".

In June 1939 she married and travelled with her husband until they settled in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. During World War 11 Bernice worked as surgical and general duty nurse in Porter Hospital. She was widowed in January 1945.

Donald Webb, whom Bernice married in November 1946, is an accountant for New Jersey Zinc Company, Gilman, Colorado. Ber-

nice worked as a general duty nurse in the company hospital there until they adopted twins in September, 1949. Their son passed away in 1955 and their daughter, Donna, is a junior in college, majoring in Elementary Education.

Bernice began her present career as secretary for the public health nurse, with offices in Vail, Colorado in August 1964.

ARVID B. WELLS

Born March 28, 1932 on John Morrison farm 1 mile north, 1/2 mile east of Strathclair, farm is now owned by Arnold McLean.

His parents were Mr. and Mrs. James Wells, one sister living in Bradwardine and one sister died at the age of 6 months. Mother was born and raised in Elphinstone, Man, and now residing in the village of Cardale. Father was born in Stoke Newton, England and passed away March 2, 1966. He is buried in Strathclair Cemetery.

Received early schooling in Strathclair, finished grades 8 and 9 while in Army. He was in forces from 1951 to 1955. After release from Army he Went to work on farm of Gordon Sinclair, living there three years.

On Nov. 18, 1961 he married Barbara Ann Drewry of Portage la Prairie. In the spring of 1962 went back to Gordon Sinclair, working there until fall of 1964. Then worked in garage for Lloyd Wilson in Strathclair until February 1965. On March lst, 1965 came to Cardale working for McTavish Motors as a mechanic’s

543